Civil Engineer/Site Development
RW Sleighter is seeking a Civil Engineer to enhance our Engineering department. Preferred candidates will be self-motivated, have excellent management skills and be interested in the opportunity to work with a growing design firm.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in and knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and utilities operations as applied to l and development design and construction.
- Grading and Earthwork
- Storm Water Management
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Analysis and Design
- Sanitary Sewer and Domestic Water System Design
- Roadway Design
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering a PE is not required but pursuant of one is encouraged. Experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D is essential.
- Prior land development-related internship/co-op experience in preferred
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgement capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Develop conceptual site grading, utility, and drainage plans.
- Assist with preliminary and final design work.
- Assist with design calculations/specifications and prepare report figures and exhibits.
- Perform drafting operations as related to site design.
- Prepare construction drawings and details using AutoCAD applications.
- Need to be dependable and have a positive, team first attitude.
Qualified candidates should electronically submit a resume with the job title of “Civil Engineer/Site Development” in the subject line.
All candidate’s submission should be in PDF format