RW Sleighter is seeking a Survey/Field Technician to assist our engineering department. Preferred candidates will have excellent time management skills and surveying and construction administration experience.
- 5-7 years minimum survey experience in construction, boundary, topographic and engineering design surveys
- High School diploma required. Associate’s degree in engineering field preferred.
- Above average math and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in: AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Sketch-Up
- Perform boundary, topographic, right-of-way, transportation and construction surveys.
- Operate survey equipment including total station, levels, GPS, and other equipment to perform project layout and construction staking.
- Maintain accurate, orderly and legible standardized field notes of survey work performed including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks and mathematical calculations. Create reports.
- Work with a variety of City, County, State DOT and outside contractors.`1
- Make arithmetic calculations, (i.e. percentages. ratio, averages), performs inspections of materials, instruments, equipment or items to be tested for flaws or defects.
- Proficient knowledge of GIS
- Construction Administration Experience
- Need to be dependable and have a positive, team first attitude.
Qualified candidates should electronically submit a resume with the job title of “Survey/Field Technician” in the subject line.
All candidates submission should be in PDF format.